I love to go for the pastries!!! Greek pastries are just amazing!!!! As I waited for almost 30 minutes in the line that went through the church and outside the building, I took some photos of some of the most common pastries, most of which I wanted to get!!!
YIELD 40 pieces
- 1box phyllo dough, thawed
- 1cup butter, melted
- 1cup sugar
- 1⁄2cup water
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 1cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2cup sugar
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- Place 1 cup sugar, water,& lemon juice in a pan& bring to boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lay out phyllo dough, cut in half& trim to fit a 9 by 13" pan.
- Place 1/2 of dough in pan.
- Combine filling ingredients, and spread over phyllo dough.
- Cover with 2nd half of dough.
- With a serrated knife, cut into triangles.
- Drizzle evenly with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for appproximately 30 minutes, till golden brown.
- Remove from oven& pour cooled syrup over hot baklava.
I hope you enjoyed this, and maybe you can enjoy a great Greek Pastry of your own!!!
Make sure to check your local chamber of commerce, or local papers to see what great festivals you have coming to your area!!! And let me know what is a favorite festival that you and your family will be attending this fall.
I can't wait to share our next festival experience with you all!