Last week, the mother of three and savings blogger posted this jaw-dropping photo of a mountain of gifts under her tree.
It was just another holiday photo shared for her friends and followers. Then, a Facebook page specializing in funny memes and videos shared the photo with a not too flattering comment.
Since the photo was posted on Dec. 7, it has been shared almost 100,000 times and received more than 67,000 likes. The post has thousands of comments, many from people who were outraged by the image. Some called it "disgusting" and labeled her kids (who they have never actually met) "spoiled brats."
As for Tapping, she didn't hesitate to fire back at the accusations.
"This picture was put on my Instagram along with pictures of homemade decorations I had made with the kids," she wrote on Facebook. "One picture of the tree. It was taken, screenshot and blasted all over facebook without my knowledge. It was not done as a 'bragging parent.'"
She also said the presents were for her children, herself, her mother and others. "Please try and remember this is about 3 little children, their Christmas, their tree," she wrote.
On Instagram, she further responded to the controversy with another photo of the tree. "Will I post another pic of my tree? You bet your grandma's nipples I will." (That settles that.)
Original Article from Cosmopolitan
Yesterday at 1:51am · I know this page is going to get busier and I know I am in the papers today so I thought I would set people straight on a few facts.
1. This picture was put on my Instagram along with pictures of homemade decorations I had made with the kids. 1 picture of the tree. It was taken, screenshot and blasted all over facebook without my knowledge. It was not done as a "bragging parent"
2. I am 35 NOT 27. I had my eldest at 21 NOT 14.
3. I have spoken to The Sun and The Daily mail via email, I sent them a couple of pictures of my face as requested, the "booby" pics, the old christmas tree and the others they have helped themselves to.
4. The presents under the tree are for my children, myself, my partner and my mother, not just the kids.
5. For those saying I am advertising to be burgled. Once again this picture went viral without my knowledge, but I am alarmed to the hilt and I work from home.
6. We do not have B&M, poundstretcher or poundland on the Isle of Man
7. Please try and remember this is about 3 little children, their christmas, their tree. Feel free to share. Merry Christmas xxxxx
So are you ready for my opinion? Well here it is!
Being a blogger, yes we get lots of products, but to say they are free is a long stretch by far. We have to review the products, take quality photos, write original content, and share like crazy on our social media. That takes time away from our family. Sounds like a job to me! If I wrapped all the items I have gotten, my tree would probably look the same, and so what, I worked hard for it, as I am sure Emma Tapping did as well.
Now days people are too busy worrying about what everyone else is doing, and not on their own life. I say leave it be and let her children and family have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
So what are your thoughts on this Instagram photo gone viral? I would love to hear them in the comments.
Merry Christmas to All!