Progresso soups are crafted for taste and made from authentic recipes using quality ingredients. Founded as an Italian import company by Guiseppe Uddo and Vincent Taormina over 100 years ago, Progresso has grown to become one of the most popular brands of ready-to-serve soups in the United States. Progresso is a member of the family of brands within General Mills, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
1 prepared rotisserie chicken
8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup onion
1 cup celery
1 cup carrots
6 ounces wide noodles, uncooked
3 tablespoons fresh parsley
1. Remove chicken from bones and chop into bite-sized pieces. Measure 4 cups for the soup. Store remaining chicken in refrigerator for a later meal. 2. Pour chicken broth in a large stock pot; bring to a boil. (Low-sodium broth contains 140 mg sodium or less per cup. Avoid low-sodium broth with potassium chloride—it’s high in potassium.)
3. Chop onion; slice celery and carrots.
4. Add chicken, vegetables and noodles to stock pot.
5. Bring to a boil and cook approximately 15 minutes until noodles are done.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Preparation Diet types: CKD non-dialysis, dialysis, diabetes
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 185, Protein: 21 g, Carbohydrates: 14 g, Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 63 mg, Sodium: 361 mg, Potassium: 294 mg, Phosphorus: 161 mg, Calcium: 22 mg, Fiber: 1.4 g
Food choices: 2 meat, 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium Carbohydrate choices: 1
I absolutely love these Pregresso Cooking Stocks, and they will help you to make some delicious creations this Holiday Season.
Disclosure: I received product(s) in exchange for an honest review, which may differ from yours. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I used personally and believe will be good for my readers.